I will fill the Court Wizards listed here if they are the main focus of the currently written book. Character profiles are subjected to change.
Anything under ‘???’ will be revealed, eventually.
Personal Skills refers to abilities that Court Wizards have that is not from the Maneg System and is under the Fantasy Law. To know about Fantasy Laws read this chapter.
2/38 Court Wizards profile filled.
A generation starts with the recruitment of the one Guardian of that generation. For simplicity’s sake, all Court Wizards recruited afterwards are put in that generation, regardless of whether their Element’s Guardian has transitioned to that generation or not.
To know how the Court Wizard’s Species are named, read More About the Otherworldly Court 2. Additional note: Court Wizards didn’t like the term ‘humanoid’ as it sounded ‘distant’ to a normal living being, so Amelia Rickens filled in vanilla ‘human’ instead as ‘human-shaped’ isn’t allowed either.
In the Otherworldly Court, where all of its members hailed from different worlds come together, it was only natural that they would have different views when it comes to their unified goal – under the scale over the spear and shield.
Spear: They are the Court Wizards who are willing to do anything to achieve balance and protection of worlds. They do not mind getting their hands dirty if it meant for the better.
Shield: They are the Court Wizards who seek a more peaceful and kinder approach than the former. They believe they can uphold their tenet without the need to regress themselves into cruel emotionless machines.
Yielder: Perhaps when the all-piercing spear and the indestructible shield meet, they both yield. These Court Wizards are, at the simplest term, the neutral group. In a discussion, they would take what the other two sides spout into consideration, either casting their own judgment based on it or never express their ideas, and act as the peacekeepers when the spears and shields are clashing.
Now, one does not always fully swing to one side. There are Court Wizards with double alignments, though not in equal terms. In this case, the alignment that comes first is more dominant. For example, a Court Wizard with a Spear-Yielder would be more inclined to more destructive methods but would not mind taking alternative ways, though may still be stubborn with their choice.
And while the Otherworldly Court is of a contradiction, a warrior does not fight with two shields nor with two spears, but with a spear and shield.
During merging between the Maneg Soul and its host, the soon-to-be Court Wizard will experience fake sensations related to the Element that could not be detected by outsiders. As stated before, these do not actually happen – while a Fire Court Wizard feels little heat when putting their hand inside a fire, their hand will still burn like normal as they do not actually gain resistance to heat, it is simply an illusion.
This is due to the complication of the merging process and still persists after the merging is complete, but its effects are weakened (indicated by a semi-colon (;) after the ‘during merging’ effect) – think of it like a scar. Of course, more effects can be discovered whether it’s completely new to a recruit or they notice it where their seniors didn’t.
- Perceiving light being brighter than normal, including in darker room; effects lessened, which unfortunately weakens the night vision capabilities too.
- General ignorable ‘sting’ when in contact to heat transferring objects like fire; effects lessened, becoming non-existent unless focused upon.
- Urge to drink liquid; urge lessened.
- General sensation of body temperature dropping (though it doesn’t actually happen), even when exposed to heat sources like a fireplace or areas of high temperature to the point of sweating; effects lessened.
- General ignorable ‘sting’ when in contact to heat transferring objects like fire or areas in high temperature; effects lessened, becoming non-existent unless focused upon.
- General inability to sense an object as cold when in contact, unable to feel a cold sensation in areas of low temperature; effects lessened where it can be felt, but not properly.
- Urge to eat vegetables; the effects of the urge is lessened.
- General ignorable ‘sting’ when in contact to heat transferring objects or areas in high temperature, heat-absorbing objects like ice or areas in low temperature, and fauna-based entities; effects lessened, becoming non-existent unless focused upon.
- Urge to eat meat; the effects of the urge is lessened.
- General ignorable ‘sting’ when in contact to heat transferring objects or areas in high temperature, heat-absorbing objects like ice or areas in low temperature, and flora-based entities; effects lessened, becoming non-existent unless focused upon.
- General sensation of body temperature rising (though it doesn’t actually happen), even when exposed to cold areas to the point of shivering; effects lessened.
- General ignorable ‘sting’ when in skin contact with water; effects lessened, becoming non-existent unless focused upon.
- General inability to sense an object as hot when in contact, unable to feel a heat sensation in areas of high temperature; effects lessened where it can be felt, but not properly.
- Perceiving light is dimmer than usual, darker areas will be perceived as a complete blackout; effects lessened.
Temporary place for Court Wizards I have yet to decide their Element. Usually, those who were mentioned in the background.
Alan Bell (second owner of Bell Conglomerate)
Thomas Bell (founder of Bell Conglomerate)